Sunday, March 8, 2009

Law & Disorder: The Crime Dog Edition


Are you familiar with McGruff? When I was a child I would see at least one of his public service announcements encouraging us to "take a bite out of crime" each afternoon on television. Considering what I do for a living, I suppose you could say I received the message loud and clear. But it seems that an individual in Washington never got it at all.

Excerpted from SFGate.com:

A bus driver thought it would be funny to take the bite out of McGruff the crime dog by punching the mascot, but police said children who witnessed the stunt were horrified. Metro bus driver Shawn Brim, 38, climbed off a bus, adjusted his side view mirrors and then punched officer Tyrone Hardy,who was handing fliers to children on a Washington street while dressed as the crime dog, police said. After the punch, Brim got back on the bus and drove away, but was quickly pulled over Saturday.

People continue to amaze me with their stupidity.

5 comments:

Grace said...

I totally remember McGruff. Children of the 80's know all about McGruff, "Just Say No" anti-drug PSAs and Afterschool Specials... and The Smurfs of course!

Insomniac said...

I liked McGruff too - even though he looked like a flasher.

dapotato said...

loved mcgruff. people are strange.

amber said...

add me to the "loved mcgruff" list. that guy is an idiot.

Mr. Puggle® said...

oh my! what a jerk! glad he was arrested.

the lady that feeds me met the man who did the voice of mr gruff in those commercials. (he was also Coco Puff) she became a cop and had the honor of wearing the mr gruff costume herself! :)

now she feeds a mc puggle.