Since November '07:
- 1 change of channel lineup without notification which included moving Bravo to a higher tier.
- 2 malfunctioning DVRs.
- 8 hours of vacation time burned waiting for a service technician.
- 10 days without service due to waiting for a Saturday apppointment slot, in the interest of not wasting anymore vacation time.
- 9 hours wasted on a Saturday for a service technician who never showed up.
- 2 hours wasted on a Sunday morning waiting for the guy who should have showed up the day before.
- 1 hour spent on the phone disputing a bill that charged me for the 10 days we didn't have service.
And then tonight:
- 3rd DVR breaks down or there is a wiring issue.
- Talk to three service reps over the course of two hours.
- All service reps insist the earliest time a technician can come out on a weekend is 9 days from today.
- All service reps refuse to offer any type of credit despite all our ongoing difficulties.
- We find out our downstairs neighbor is also having the same viewing issues. We are the only ones in the building experiencing problems.
- Downstairs neighbor has a service technician coming out on Sunday, 3 days from now.
- Call Charter back, advise them of what's going on and ask if that technician can be sent up one flight of stairs while he's here Sunday.
- Not only do they refuse, but service rep dude actually yells at me, gives me attitude and tries to talk over me as I point out how ridiculous their business practices are. I demand a supervisor.
- The supervisor clearly does not care.
We are now customers of DirectTV.
But they can't come out until sometime during the week or next weekend either. F it; can't win anywhere.
Perhaps it's all a sign from above that we watch too much tv.