Friday, May 16, 2008

Only in the IE

San Francisco tends to have a lot of crazies and craziness associated with it. The phrase "only in SF" is pretty common one to hear after seeing some of the weirdness that happens.

This morning, however, I had an "only in the Inland Empire" moment. As a point of reference the last "only in the IE" moment I had involved CHP using their patrol vehicles to corral a large group of rogue sheep onto the shoulder of the I-15. Seriously. I couldn't make something like that up.

This morning's moment involved:
1. A Euro-trash looking dude pumping gas into his newly leased car, shirtless with his stunner shades on. At 8:20 a.m.

2. This was immediately followed up by my having to wait for a huge-ass tractor to lumber through the intersection before I could be on my way.

So in sum: city with noveau-riche wannabes + tractors on the road = the IE.

1 comment: