Monday, December 8, 2008

Blog Humbug

I'm still rather distressed about the events of last week involving Big Bad. It was really bad. Like walking out after five minutes because I didn't want to go further without a union rep bad. And having a $7K raise delayed for at least six months bad. And feeling totally singled out because other people have done a hell of a lot worse and never got reprimanded in this way type of bad. But I don't want to write post after post about his awfulness, especially during what should be a festive time of year. So indulge me in a bit of silliness. I promise it will give you great material with which to mock me for most of 2009.

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of ice skating, both viewing it and participating myself. I'm also a fan of Twilight. Today my two hobbies became enmeshed after I purchased the Twilight soundtrack and listened to Bella's Lullaby.

That piece of music will totally be 'da bomb for my skating program next season!

I already have part of it plotted out in my head: use the first 30-40 seconds, cut out the next thirty, then edit in the final minute. One crescendo can be used for footwork into a really pretty spiral sequence. The final crescendo can lead into a jump or jump combination, followed by concluding in a scratch spin --- one of those dizzying, really fast, one-foot ones that get faster as the spin progresses. Like this:




It.will.be.awesome. :-)

I don't even have to worry about finding a costume since I have two skating dresses that will work for the music, both which have lots of silver (possible spoiler in the link if you haven't read the book or seen the movie) sparkles. However neither dress is the Twilight skating dress by Jerry's Skatewear. I haven't completely gone insane.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Big Bad can shove it.

Insomniac said...

I didn't know you were a skater. Awesome! I want more details.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

I'm totally going to injure you in the shin. [Oh yeah, how do you like my circa 1998 joke?]