You will need:
- 1 bottle dry white wine (I use a sauvignon blanc with fruity notes)
- 1 bottle red wine (preferably a beaujolais)
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of sugar
- assorted fruits (I always use red grapes and strawberries)
- 1-2 ounces of brandy (optional)
- In a large non-metal bowl, mix the wines together, along with the cup of sugar. Stir for a few minutes.
- Slice the orange and lemon into thin slices (1/8 - 1/4 of an inch). Add to the wine and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add in your other fruits and the brandy. Stir again, pour into a pitcher and chill until it's time to party!
This sangria goes down so easy you may forget you're drinking alcohol. Plan accordingly. ;-) On the rare occasion you have some leftover, skim out the fruit and store the rest in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.