Thursday, March 20, 2008

Midnight = Indigo, not Black

One of the perils of online shopping is that colors do not always translate well on to a computer screen. Case in point, the MARC by Marc Jacobs handbag I had purchased for my birthday. It arrived yesterday. I eagerly took it out of the box, unwrapped it and admired it in my dimly lit living room. It was lovely: sleek, elegant, spacious and very "me". I put it over my shoulder, strutted over to the bedroom mirror and noticed that with the additional lighting in the bedroom, it didn't really look as black as it did out in the living room or as it had on the computer screen last week. Hmph. So I walked outside our condo and saw the truth. The handbag is a deep indigo and not black at all. =(

I did what any girl would do and called my bff to discuss this fashion dilemma. With her unbiased view she made me confront the hard truth. As much as I may love the style and design of the bag, I just won't get enough mileage out of a blue bag to warrant the purchase. So back to ShopBop it will go. The silver lining of all of this? I have to keep shopping for the perfect black bag. These are some of the options I've come up with so far:

  1. MARC by Marc Jacobs Posh Turnlock Convertible Clutch
  2. MICHAEL Michael Kors Hudson-Downtown Shoulder Bag
  3. Kooba Olivia Covertible Clutch

Any thoughts or other suggestions?






No comments: